Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wiper Card

How long have I been blogging? Two days? And already four posts. Anyway, I have had so much fun looking at others' sites and ideas, and found a fantastic tutorial for a Wiper Card. I just had to try it. So today, in between changing nappies and making puzzles and picking up trains, I made this! I am really proud of it, mostly just because I'm new to trying something new. Inspiration!


Ingredients: French vanilla cardstock and "Express Yourself" papers. I sponged the background of the stamped image a little to take away the starkness of the vanilla, and adhered it using foam squares, so it stands out from the decorative papers. I know the ribbon isn't quite right, but I liked it and used it anyway. I'm just experimenting, and I'll find something else next time.
The "wiper" part comes in as you open the card, when the rings pop up from behind the main square front. The tutorial is really easy to follow, mainly because there is a video to watch.

1 comment:

  1. Very elegant card Jo. Wiper cards are fun to make. Well done 2 postings in a day.

    ReplyDelete