Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas 2009



When I saw the Reminisce Christmas additions pack, I knew at once that they would suit this photo. It's a lovely family one we received last Christmas, with beautiful deep tones and a lovely traditional tree. I used Brick and French Vanilla cardstock to complement the papers, and lettering from the Brown Sophisticate ABC. I would have loved to do the stitching for real, and maybe add some more around the border and across the ripped edging, but didn't trust myself to get it even enough, so it's just drawn on.

Now I don't know if pages are allowed, but I was looking at the Clean and Simple sketch challenge blog and Brenda Dean's gorgeous hanging ornaments were the inspiration for the top left corner of my page... so I have entered this page in the C&S challenge this week. I'm actually not too sure about the ornaments - I think they are a bit too funky and retro for such a traditional styled page, but I still liked them so on they went!

1 comment: