Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September's Stamp of the Month


Welcome to the Close to My Heart Australasian Blog Hop for September. If you have arrived here from Tracey's Blog then you are in the right place! The link for the next blog will be at the bottom of this post. Our Stamp of the Month is a very sweet set called "Paper Garden". It co-ordinates with images you can cut on your Cricut with the Artiste cartridge.

Paper Garden Stamp of the Month September, $10 / $33

I have seen so many wonderful things done with this set, and I'm sure that the other girls on the blog hop will showcase some very creative projects, but I have chosen to keep mine very very simple.
When I sell my cards at fairs and markets I am often asked for sympathy cards, which I rarely have many of. This stamp set however really appealed to me as the central image for a sympathy card.
I used the colour trio of Juniper, Glacier and Thistle for my cards, but any colour combo would work.
My cards are 4x4", so the base is a Juniper piece 8x4", scored and folded in half.
The next layer is Glacier measuring 3.75x3.75", and the top layer is White Daisy, 3.5x3.5".
I used the "rock n roll" technique for stamping the flower image, first using Glacier and then rolling just the outside edges in the Juniper.
I stamped the sentiment with Thistle.
I tied the ribbon / twine to the White Daisy and Glacier layers before adhering them to the Juniper base.
Look to the Light, Set of 5, $18
For my sentiment, I chose the beautiful sayings from the "Look to the Light" set, which are so appropriate and supportive. However, if you want a less religious feel to the cards, I would recommend "Big Hug", which again is perfect for sympathy cards.

Big Hug Set of 10, $33
Thank you so much for hopping by! Please leave a comment before you head on over to the next blog, which is Leah Cameron's Corner.



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful sympathy cards - love your soft colour combination Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rock n roll technique and your cards are just so nice. Great for any occasion! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simple and stunning, the perfect sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, i love that you made a sympathy card, i got asked to make one for a customer yesterday and find them always difficult to make. Thank you so much for sharing these and the sizes to cut them out. I really like the colours used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous- I love your choice of colours and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job.....simple and love the soft colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this colour combination. The flowers look so pretty & soft & delicate. Fab card. TFS, I will have to try out this colour combo soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special card Jo- thank you for your excellent directions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours are gorgeous and the card has a whimsical feel that is perfect for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card. i wouldn't have thought to rock and roll it, but, will keep it in mind when i use this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete