Saturday, October 19, 2013

CTMH Holidays with Heart Australasian Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the first Australasian Close to My Heart Blog Hop! If you have arrived here from Natalie's Blog,  then you are in the right place. If you landed here by accident, no problem, please join in by following the link at the end of this post. 
Today I would like to share with you this cool idea for an Advent Calendar which features the use of the "Magical Days" stamp set from the Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide, live now through December 31st. I love this sweet and different way of counting down the days till Christmas... the wee bags can be filled with treats or messages for each day of Advent.


 
I have used Close to My Heart's pigment ink pads to stamp first a background and then the number on the bags. I used a small piece of paper to mask the area in the centre of the background so that there was a space saved for the number.
Products used: Universal Backgrounds $29 (D1477), Black pigment ink, Topiary pigment ink, Ruby pigment ink, Magical Days stamp set (D1552), Linen drawstring bags ($7 for a set of three). 
 
All the products in the Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide are available now through December 31 from your CTMH consultant whilst stocks last. Some items are in short supply so order early to avoid disappointment. Orders totalling over $150 NZ during the promotion can choose one starred item from the Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide for free.
I'd love you to leave a comment before heading off to the next stop,  Jenny's Blog.
Thank you so much for hopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea Jo The bags have come out lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this idea Jo, it's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Miss Jo. This is so my next project. Did you use pigment inks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny - yes pigments are better on the muslin bags. Dye sinks in, and isn't as vibrant.

      Delete
  4. Simply fabulous! And I know just who I am going to make a set for. Wonderful idea Jo ... thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this clever idea for an advent calendar Jo. I hope someone makes me one!

    ReplyDelete