Monday, September 1, 2014

September's Stamp of the Month

Welcome to the Australasian Blog Hop for September's Stamp of the Month - your one-stop shop for inspiration! If you have arrived here from Lauren's Blog, you are in the right place.

September's Stamp of the Month is a delightful set of seven called "Family is Forever". The heart corresponds with a cut on the Artiste Cartridge, but this can just as easily be fussy cut. I can see many uses for this stamp set - from gifts to d├ęcor and scrapbook pages to cards. I am looking forward to seeing what my CTMH sisters come up with this month.
This stamp set is worth $33, and can only be purchased in September. However, when you place an order of $75 or more with me this month you will be able to add the SOTM to your order for only $5.
I have been playing with this easel drawer box design for a while, and have chosen the paper from the Wanderful range to go with it. What a versatile paper packet! The colours in my project are Crystal Blue, Bamboo, Kraft and Colonial White. I used a charm from the Storyteller charm set and a piece of Baker's Twine to finish it off.


The box unopened.

The easel sitting up. It is anchored by a heart stamped from the SOTM set raised up on foam squares.

The drawer pulled out. You can put anything you like in it - sweet treats would be especially appropriate to go with the sentiment! I put some Twinings fruit tea bags and Avon Lip Balm.

 
Cutting guide below:
You need three pieces of cardstock.
1. 4" x 12" (this is the easel)
2. 4" x 11.5" (this is the sleeve)
3. 6x6" (this is the drawer)
I scored, folded and daubed each edge before adhering with strong glue. I used Liquid Glass for a lot of this project so that I could be sure of it staying together.
 
 
Please leave a comment before visiting your next blog, which is Vandra's CTMH Virtual Craftroom.
Stop by again soon!

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little box, and thank you very much for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful gift idea Jo. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love this little easel box card. I am definitely going to give it a go - thanks!

    ReplyDelete