Tuesday, August 5, 2014

3" Notelets


CTMH Annual Inspirations Catalogue Post #4... 3" notecards.
I love having little notecards such as these on hand for those times when you just want to let someone know that you're thinking of them. These cards are 3x3", so I made 8 of them from one sheet of White Daisy cardstock.
I have been working on "one layer" cards a lot recently, and I have combined the one-layer idea with the masking tape background technique which is very popular at the moment to come up with this very quick 5-minute notecard.
I think they are fab - simple, unfussy, quick, and serves the purpose very well.
The "Keep your chin up" stamp set is a $12 A-sized set and I used my new favourite colours, Glacier and Thistle, to give me the background colours.



I stamped the beautiful tree image and the sentiment in black ink last.





4 comments:

  1. I like how quick and easy these cards are and yet lovely. How did you apply the ink? Sponge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlys! Thank you for the question. Actually, this was a new technique for me. I had seen a lot of posts mentioning the "masking tape background" recently, so I had to try it. I ripped off a bit of masking tape and dabbed the sticky side in the ink pad, then pressed it on to the card - that simple!!

      Delete
  2. Cute cards and interesting technique.

    ReplyDelete