Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Absolutely THE best teacher present ever...

... and I should know, I'm a teacher!

Alright, the first thing you have to do is go to this website: http://www.myteacherstickers.com/
Choose a few sheets of stickers and add your child's teacher's name. If you want your own custom message, go to the section of the website for schools to be able to customise their own sticker and use that. For example, I wanted "Mrs Bruce says Ka Pai" which was never going to be available on a sticker made in the USA. So I entered Mrs Bruce says as the name of the school and Ka pai as the message. Well, you will get the idea.
Stickers cost $2.69 per sheet of 42, and each sticker is about 1.5" in diameter. Postage to NZ is $4. Basically I bought eight sheets and it cost me a total of $31 NZ, which is absolutely a bargain... I actually think I overbought, but had no idea how many would come.
So ten days later your stickers will arrive in the post. Now it's time to play.
The options to dressing them up are endless. I cut the stickers into sets of nine, and KEPT the large margin at the top of the sticker sheet. For this very simple card I cut a card shape on the Cricut 4.5" tall, but folded it in a different place, giving me enough space to fold the binding round the stickers. I used my perforating blade on my trimmer and cut a perforated line at the top of the sticker sheet, and punched two holes in each one. I also punched two holes through both layers of the card and scored it where I wanted it to fold open.
I threaded bakers twine through the stickers and the card front and back, and tied a double bow on the front.
After that, it was just a case of dressing up the front.
There you go... a simple but oh so very very cool present for your child's teacher at the end of the academic year.

Interested in a workshop or party to create this really neat gift? Contact me and we can arrange it.

The YouTube video of a very similar project is here, so that you can see the process step by step:




No comments:

Post a Comment