Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mini Albums

I haven't blogged for over ten days... I've been in hospital, because my appendix ruptured! Yuck! Anyway, I'm all well now and catching up on the blog gossip. I'm disappointed to have missed out on the last Just Add Ink challenge (JAI3), but looking forward to making the next one. I can't wait till Helen delivers my Stampin' Up order too! It will be the first time I have worked with their inks and stamps, and they look so lovely. I am so looking forward to creating masterpieces with them.





Anyway, I wanted to write a wee blog about mini albums. They don't have to be flash or anything spectacular, but mini albums are often the most effective. The one I have pictured here was made as a little keepsake after my cousin's wedding last year, and it has charmed anyone I have shown it to. Finally the time has come to part with it and send it on to the couple featured, and I know they will love it as well.



This album was made by using old CDs. Once the papers, photos and lettering was stuck down well, I drilled the hole through using a drill press and passed the metal ring through. Voila! Easy. The papers I used were from Creative Memories' Romance set - no longer available. Unfortunately, as it is so lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to here you are on the mend. Very beautiful cd album, I will get Paul to save me old cds, it is perfect project for our Circle Scissor Plus cutting system. Thanks Jo for sharing your album with us, great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete